The City Of Los Angeles High School Math Proficiency Exam
NAME ____________________________ GANG NAME__________________________
- Ramone has an AK 47 with a 30 round clip. He usually misses 6 out of every 10 shots
and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many drive-by shootings can Ramone attempt
before he has to reload?
- Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams
to Juan for $85 per gram, what is the street value of the rest of his hold?
- Rufus pimps 3 hos. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each
ho turn to support Rufus's $800 per day crack habit?
- Jerome wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit.
How many ounces will he need?
- Willie gets $200 for a stolen BMW, $150 for stealing a Corvette, and $100 for a 4x4.
If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he have to steal
to have $900?
- Raoul got 6 years for murder. He also got $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife
spends $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out? Extra credit bonus:
how much more time will he get for killing the ho that spent his money?
- If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3
square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with 3 eight-ounce cans of spray paint with
20% paint free?
- Hector knocked up 3 girls in the gang. There are 27 girls in his gang. What is the
exact percentage of girls Hector knocked up?
- Bernie is a lookout for the gang. Bernie has a Boa Constrictor that eats 3 small rats
per week at a cost of $5 per rat. If Bernie makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks
can he feed the Boa on one week's income?
- Billy steals Joe's skateboard. As Billy skates away at 35 mph, Joe loads his 357 Magnum.
If it takes Joe 20 seconds to load his magnum, how far away will Billy be when he gets