- 1 cup sugar
- cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups of your favorite fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, etc), rinsed and patted dry (frozen will also work)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Butter a spring-form pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the 1 cup sugar, flour and milk and mix well. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the spring-form pan. Sprinkle the berries on top, distributing them evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done (optional).