Chicken Pot Pie
- butter or oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons flour - use extra as needed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked potatoes and/or vegetables
- 1 double pie crust
- Cook chicken, turkey or beef and set aside.
- Boil cut up potatoes until fork tender
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan; sauté onions and mushrooms until tender, stirring
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth until blended.
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture
thickens and comes to a full boil; stir and boil one minute
- Add meat and potatoes.
- Pour mixture into a crust lined pie pan. Top with remaining pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the top is a golden tan (about 35 minutes).