Chocolate Oatmeal Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
2. Mix boiling water, butter, and oatmeal in a small bowl and let sit for 10 min.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, and eggs.
5. Add oatmeal mixture to sugar mixture after the 10 minutes are up. Then stir in flour mixture. Mix lightly until all ingredients are combined. Mix in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining chips and chopped walnuts.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.