Crèam De Menthe Cheescake
1. Prepare the crust.
2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in sour cream and next 3 ingredients. Pour mixture into Crust.
3. Bake at 350' for 40 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving cheesecake in oven with oven door closed 30 minutes. Open oven door; leave cheesecake in oven an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and run a knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Pipe whipped cream around outer edge of cheesecake, and garnish, if desired with Andes mint chocolate shavings. Yield: 16 to 18 servings.
Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter; firmly press mixture evenly onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350' for 8 minutes. Yield: one 10-inch crust.
1. I replaced the chocolate crust with an Oreo cookie crust. At the grocery store I bought a box of Oreo cookie crumbs that is specifically made for pie crusts. I followed the directions on the box for making the crust instead of the one listed above.
2. Don't use a springform pan smaller than the 10-inch one called for. When you pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust it will fill up to the top. Don't worry, this cheesecake doesn't rise like most do.
3. To create the mint chocolate shavings use an apple peeler along the long edge of the mint. You don't want to freeze the mints, (like I did), because you will not get a nice long shaving. Instead the mint crumbles into small chunks. However, to keep the mints from melting in your hand you may want to chill them slightly in the refrigerator.