Baked Macaroni and Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and keep it moving for about five minutes. Make sure it's free of lumps. Stir in the milk and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes.
4. Mix in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and peper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese then Ritz crackers.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes before serving.