Favorite Oatmeal Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Add water and vanilla, mixing well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats and pecans.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
1. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies - add one (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels to dough when the oats and pecans are mixed in.
2. Raisin Oatmeal Cookies - add one cup raisins to dough when the oats and pecans are mixed in.
3. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies - add one cup peanut butter morsels to dough when the oats and pecans are mixed in.