Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Roll
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut an 18-inch long piece of parchment paper. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-by-15 1/2-inch pan. Pinch the corners to prevent the egg mixture from running under the parchment paper.
3. Place cottage cheese and half-and-half in a blender and process for 20 seconds, or until well combined. Add flour and salt and blend for 20 seconds.
4. Add eggs to the blender and process until well incorporated and the mixture is lemon colored.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until the omelet is puffy and golden.
6. Remove omelet from the oven; immediately spread with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese; top with bacon. Starting on one short side, roll up jelly-roll fashion, removing parchment paper as you roll.
7. Garnish with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Slice into wedges.
Note: I halved the recipe and baked the omelet roll for 15 minutes but the center was not set. So I switched to convection baking and baked for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
Makes 8 servings