1. Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, ¼ of the onion and salt and pepper. Roll into small meatballs and set aside.
2. In a heavy pan, sauté remaining onions in oil until translucent.
3. Stack the meatballs on top of the onion (can be in multiple layers). Top with bouillon, sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Pour in a half cup of water (or until the water comes half way up the first layer of meatballs). Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce the temperature to low and simmer for a half an hour. (Do not remove the lid during this time because it is the steam that cooks the meatballs).
5. Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.