Chicken In Red Wine
This recipe is otherwise known as "Purple Chicken." The burgundy wine, which marinades the chicken, also turns the chicken purple. Although it looks a little funny this is a delicious recipe. Enjoy ;-)
1. Cut up chicken then salt and pepper it.
2. Melt half the butter in a stovetop pan and cook the chicken. Using a slotted spoon transfer the chicken to covered, ovenproof casserole dish. (Reserve the pan used to cook the chicken).
3. Add the jar of onions and the drained mushrooms to the chicken. Add a little salt and pepper.
4. Add one-cup burgundy wine to the chicken, cover and bake for 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. Cut up shallots and cook in the same pan used to brown the chicken. Add one-cup burgundy wine. Simmer until the liquid in the pan is reduced by half. Then add one-cup heavy cream and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Transfer to a gravy boat or a covered dish to keep it warm until the chicken is ready.
6. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and add the remaining butter and as much Parmesan cheese as desired.
7. When the chicken is done serve it over the noodles with the gravy on top.