Raspberry Almond Tarts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup almond paste, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add
flour, beating until blended. Cover and chill one hour.
- Shape pastry into 24, 1-inch balls. Place balls on ungreased miniature (1 3/4")
muffin pans. Press evenly into bottom and up sides.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves into each tart. Stir together egg, sugar and almond paste.
Spoon 1 teaspoon mixture over preserves and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 325 for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool slightly in pans on a wire rack. Remove from pans
and cool completely. Freeze up to one month if desired.