1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, place 2 tablespoons canola oil and all other ingredients, except the tequila and cheese, and mix thoroughly.
3. In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high to high heat. Place the coated chicken breasts in the hot pan and sear on one side until golden brown for about 1 minute. Turn and sear the other side for a few seconds more, and sizzle with the tequila.
4. Transfer seared chicken breasts to a lightly greased sheet pan and bake in oven for about 10 minutes until fully cooked.
5. Remove chicken from oven and top with the shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for just a minute to melt the cheese and remove. Serve and enjoy!